April 21, 2009

Easter!

Oh how I love Easter! I will still keep 4th of July as my favorite holiday, but Easter has so much spiritual meaning. The holiday kicked off with Luke's party at school. The parents signed up to bring different snacks and as you can see I think Luke enjoyed them all!
We had a great weekend! Brian and Joy came into town so the guys could go to a football scrimage and the girls could go shopping and eat! :) Saturday, Tim and I drove to the lake to spend the evening with my parents. Mom prepared a wonderful dinner and we took a boat ride on their new boat! The lake was beautiful...just a tad chilly. We went to the Easter Vigil mass and it was awesome! So beautiful and hopeful, now Christ is risen!

On Easter morning, Luke "found" his Easter basket. He was very excited about his new toys. He got his first wallet since he loves digging through mine and pulling out all of my money (which isn't much). We ate breakfast and enjoyed some down time with my family.

We left the lake at early afternoon and headed to Clanton to celebrate with Tim's family. We met them for lunch and had a great time. We went back to Paw Paw's house to have our annual egg hunt with all of the cousins. It always crazy, but fun! The competition for the prize eggs is fierce! Since Luke is still not walking on his own, we had to lead him to the eggs. I don't think he fully got into it this year, but I have a feeling next year he will be racing his older cousins for the eggs! And hey, it's major improvement from last year....he was only 2 months old and fell asleep hunting eggs! :)

1 comment:

Ryan and Emily said...

Luke is so big!! I'm so glad I found your blog! He is so cute!!! I was packing up a closet yeterday and came across the pictures from spring break trips. I found some from Cancun. Very funny and brought back a lot of memories.