April 15, 2009

Spring Break!

Being a school teacher has a few perks, one being, still getting a spring break! Woo Hoo! Tim took the week off as well and we went down to Navarre Beach, FL with my family. Luke was getting over another ear infection and I was taking an antiobiotic for a sinus infection, but we were on the road to recovery. The first night at the beach, we all cooked a BIG dinner and ate fresh fish! It was delicious. Monday, it was very windy and somewhat chilly but we decided to brave the weather. I sat on the balcony for about an hour or an hour and half. And no, sadly I didn't wear any sunscreen. Tim and I went and laid on the beach later on and this time I lathered up on the gunky stuff! I came in that night and was badly sunburned, but thought it would get better. It continued to get worse and Tuesday I could barely walk. It was painful. We drove back to Auburn on Wednesday and my ankles began to swell. I went to the doctor to make sure the antiobiotic didn't make me more sensitive to the sun. He put me on steriods and gave me pain medicine After several days, the swelling went down and I finally started feeling like myself again.

Tim says I could be the poster child for the importance of wearing sunscreen. My mom had melanoma so I need to be extra careful and from now I WILL wear sunscreen, even if I"'m only going to be out for an hour!
We also had a great dinner at the Back Porch in Destin with my cousin who I haven't seen since we were students at Auburn. Sooo good to catch up with her.








No comments: