August 1, 2010

Mr. Independent goes to CVS

I realize being independent is a natural stage of development, but lately it has been quite comical at our house as we watch Luke try to do everything by himself. I'll ask him if he needs help with something, and he replies, no Luke help, meaning he can do it himself. He has to open the car door, push the garage door button, snap his car seat buckle, give Mallory her paci, and the list goes on and on. Well, I decided to take the kids with me to CVS to get our pictures from the beach developed. Mallory was asleep in her car seat next to me and Luke was standing beside me. I hopped on one of the stools to begin downloading all of our pictures. I had 2 memory cards and my iphone. Luke kept hounding me to sit in the stool next to me. So I plopped him right next to me. I've got one memory card in the computer and I'm ready to put the next one in the machine. I look around and can't find the second memory card. Then, I start thinking maybe I didn't bring it in with me. Maybe it's still in the camera. I go ahead and download the pictures from my iphone. We get ready to leave the photos for 1 hour pick up, but I tell the clerk if he finds a memory card, it's mine. I didn't get around to going back to pick up the picture until later that night. By that time, there is another lady working and I ask her if she's found a memory card and she says no. So, I just assume I've lost the memory card. Thankfully, all the pictures from the memory card had already been downloaded to our computer. About an hour after I had gotten home from picking up the pictures, the clerk calls to tell me they just found the memory card. Apparently, Mr. Independent Luke had decided he wanted to be like mom and do some of his own downloading. The clerk found the memory card in the cd drive of the computer next to the one I was at. They found it because a customer had come in with a cd and they couldn't put it in the computer because the memory card was in there. And I call myself watching Luke. Gotta love independent toddlers!

No comments: