May 28, 2010

Leaving the hospital

I think things went as smooth as possible. We got to the hospital about 7 am and they started the patocin (spelling?) and began monitoring my contractions. It was a little slow going, but around 12:30 I received my epidural and life was good! The doctor came in to check on me at 3:50 and quickly got ready. I pushed for maybe 10 minutes and Mallory was born at 4:08. It was that easy. I'm very blessed and the doctor even said I was meant to birth babies! Ha! Dont' get any ideas because we're not planning to have another one for awhile! :) One other funny story about my doctor. He kept saying I looked familiar and wondered if we went to AUMC with him. I kept telling him, no we go to St. Michael's. He then asked, do y'all go to Auburn baseball games. We informed him that yes, we go to about every single one. It's pretty bad when my doctor recognizes us from attending so many baseball games!



About to leave the hospital with my babies! Love these critters!!!!

Two of our nurses go to church with us and they must have asked 10 times if folks from the church had come by to put the sign up. What a sweet sign! Love it!

My sweet mom had seen these wreaths in Birmingham, but none of the stores around Auburn carried them. So, she got online and found a store in Selma that sold them and she bought us one. How pretty! Thanks Mama Sims!

No comments: