May 25, 2010

Ready to meet Newbie!!!!

Since I'm getting a tad uncomfortable being pregnant (of course I don't have it near as bad as those poor women who are expecting babies in late August) and can't sleep, I'm ready to meet this sweet angel. We did not find out the sex so I'm eager to learn more about newbie! I think it's another boy, but Tim thinks it might be a girl. We shall see. When we ask Luke if he thinks it's a boy or a girl, he just repeats boy or girl. If you believe old wives' tales, I'm carrying low and the heartbeat has been low. I feel about the same as I did with Luke, except that I crave fruit and sweets as opposed to meat and potatoes.
At 39 weeks, I went to see the doctor and he asked if I wanted things to progress naturally or if I wanted to be induced. Since I've been having contractions off and on, I was ready to be induced. Plus, it will help us get family here to help watch Luke while we go to the hospital. We had some friends on standby here in Auburn, but we really didn't want to call them at midnight to come keep Luke. Here was the only catch with being induced, my doctor wasn't on call for another week. I really didn't want to wait another week, so he called Dr. Harris (whom I've seen this pregnancy) who was on call the next day and he said he'd be glad to induce me. Hooray, we'll meet our baby boy or girl tomorrow! Can't wait!

No comments: